[Fedora-directory-users] Trouble getting windows to talk to fds

Bliss, Aaron ABliss at preferredcare.org
Tue Oct 31 16:50:23 UTC 2006

I must apologize for all of the questions, however this (getting windows
to talk to fds) is very new to me; I believe that I have the ssl piece
as far as the service is concerned configured properly; passync service
is installed to the ad box, however after rebooting I checked the
logfile and noticed some errors;
failed to load entries from file,
ldap bind error,
no such object
Can not connect to ldap server in syncpasswords
It sounds like I have not configured the service properly to bind to the
fds database; on the fds side of the house, I've configured an account
called dn=psync,cn=config in the config ou (simular to setting up an
account used for setting up a supplier/consumer setup, such that the
account itself will not be replicated);  I then installed the passsync
service on the ad box usning the following values:
Host name: hostname of fds suppler server
Port: 636
Username: uid=psync,cn=config
Password: same as user setup in database on fds box
Cert token: password to local passync database
Search base: dc=mydomain,dc=org

Couple of questions; does it appear that I've set things up properly on
both the fds side of the house and the ad side of the house?  What is
the best way to further troubleshoot this?  Thanks again.

Aaron