[Fedora-directory-users] Chain on Update Problem

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Sep 1 21:39:02 UTC 2006

James B Newby wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I'm having a problem with my consumer's chain on update.  I have a
> setup with two masters and one consumer.  Multi-master replication is
> working properly.  Changes made on either master propagate to the
> other master and to the consumer.
>
> Before setting up chaining, changes made on the consumer from the
> directory console would be denied.  After setting up chaining per the
> wiki entry:
> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:ChainOnUpdate ,
> changes could be made on the consumer through the directory console,
> but would not propagate to the master.
How are you testing/verifying the change doesn't get through?  Note that
if you make the change in the console, the console will not
automatically refresh.  I would first check the access log on the
consumer to find the ADD or MOD request, then see if that request made
it to a master, then see if the master rejected it and why.