[Fedora-directory-users] Re: LD_LIBRARY_PATH question

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Sep 6 01:21:55 UTC 2006

Philip Kime wrote:
>> Weird.  I just installed that rpm on a rhel4 x86_64 system and I got
>> totally different numbers from what you reported in your earlier
>>
> email,
>
>> quoted below:
>>

> Sorry, me being stupid. I had followed the instructions here:
>
> http://directory.fedora.redhat.com/wiki/Howto:WindowsConsole
>
> For getting the console up with SSL but had looked on the ftp server the
> for the relevant Linux libs.
What do you need the linux libs for?  Are you trying to install a
standalone console on another linux box than the one you installed the
server on?
> Turns out that the jss3.3 on there is older
> than the included one. Once I grabbed the original again, the
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH worked. However, when I put the right libjss3.so in, I
> can't start the console in X any more:
>
> ./startconsole -a https://ldapserver:38900/
> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
> /opt/fedora-ds/lib/li
> bjss3.so: /opt/fedora-ds/lib/libjss3.so: cannot open shared object file:
> No such
>  file or directory
>
> It can't load itself? Ldd output looks fine now.

That usually means one of the dependent libs cannot be opened, either
nss, nspr, the java lib, or one of the os libs.
> So now my question is - which version is the libjss3 that comes with
> 1.0.2?
3.7, which requires NSPR 4.6 or later and NSS 3.11 or later.
> And if I need to get X consoles working over SSL again, what
> version of the jss jar do I need? I seem to have a choice between a
> broken libjss3 which makes X consoles work and the right one, which
> doesn't ...

I don't understand - are you trying to get the console running on
windows or on linux?