[Fedora-directory-users] FDS on RedHat9 - Solved

Radek Hladik radek at eadresa.cz
Tue Sep 12 13:49:31 UTC 2006

Radek Hladik napsal(a):
> I have one old RH9 box which functions as a backup server. I'm
> periodically backing up DB from primary FDS to it but it would be also
> nice to have read-only replica for failover there. But I was not able to
> compile FDS on it as there were some very strange compile errors when
> compiling libraries for it. I have some ideas how to get it working and
> I would like to ask for your opinion:

I've finally get it working (after 6 hours...). I've compiled FDS from
source via "one-step" compilation system, but this involved editing
source codes, modifying make files and a few nasty hacks :( I also had
to build httpd 2.0.54 just for FDS. I do not feel like I can write up
some complete howto (and  I do not know which problems has been caused
by my configuration of that RH9 box) but I can try to help if someone
get stuck with similar problem.

Radek