[Fedora-directory-users] [HELP] creating partition by command line

Jorge Santos jorgecb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 14:51:07 UTC 2006

Ok,
I Would like to setup a partition by command line and i'd tried to follow
the tutorial in this site:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/entry_dist.html#17741

But, when I finished to follow the tutorial(create the partition in one
server e the subpartition in the other server), I can't restart the slapd. I
realized that information in "cn=mapping tree,cn=config" was lost.

And the only thing that I need is to create a partition in the master server
(dc=mg) and create a sub-partition in the other server (ou=bh,dc=mg)
If you did anything like this, can you post the ldif's that you used,
please.
I don't know why the configuration failed, because I followed the tutorial
correctly.

Jorge Santos