[Fedora-directory-users] Replica has no update vector . . . .

Glenn glenn at mail.txwes.edu
Tue Apr 10 16:07:57 UTC 2007

This problem is due to the formatting of data in the Fedora Directory that
does not meet the requirements for Active Directory.  The last time I set up
Windows Sync, I avoided this by importing the data directly into AD from an
ldif file.  Then I populated the Fedora Directory by initiating a full
resynchronzation.

This time I wanted to see if I could populate the AD using the full
resynchronization.  To begin, I carefully formatted the data before importing
the ldif file into Fedora DS.  Then I started the initial full
resynchronization.  I thought my data formatting would eliminate errors, but
still the synchronization was interrupted whenever the AD found data it did
not like.  Since it did not finish, I would get the "replica has no update
vetor" message.  Also, the Replication Status window reported a "Last
consumer init. update" message:

Total update aborted LDAP error: Operations error. Error Code: 1

By checking the contents of the Active Directory, I was able to find out
where the initial sync stopped.  I examined the entry that caused it to stop
and corrected the attributes that AD did not like or deleted the entry.  I
repeated this process several times until the resync finally completed.

It would be very helpful if the Fedora Directory could be made to display the
entry that caused the initial resync to stop.

Things that AD doesn't like:  Carriage returns in attribute values, blank
attribute values including no password.  Also, AD requires all entries to
have certain attributes, including:

objectclass: ntuser
ntUserDomainID: yourADuserID
ntusercreatenewaccount: true