[Fedora-directory-users] ldap and certificate

Greg Copeland GCopeland at efjohnson.com
Wed Apr 18 19:02:34 UTC 2007

I'm walking through
http://www.csse.uwa.edu.au/~ashley/fedora-ds/fedora-ds-26072006.html.  I
have attempted it several times and each time it fails in the exact same
place.  I get "pk12util-bin: PKCS12 decode import bags failed: You are
attempting to import a cert with the same issuer/serial as an existing
cert, but that is not the same cert."  It fails for the same reason
every time.

I can get only one of the two certificates imported into each of the two
databases.  Each time, I can only import the "DS-Server-Cert".  The
other fails as above.  I can confirm the DS-Server-Cert has been added
via the GUI interface.

[root at host fedora-ds]# /opt/fedora-ds/shared/bin/pk12util -i
/tmp/ldap/server.p12 -d alias -P admin-serv-host-
Enter Password or Pin for "NSS Certificate DB":
Enter Password or Pin for "NSS Certificate DB":
Enter password for PKCS12 file:
pk12util-bin: PKCS12 IMPORT SUCCESSFUL
[root at host fedora-ds]# /opt/fedora-ds/shared/bin/pk12util -i
/tmp/admingui/server.p12 -d alias -P admin-serv-host-
Enter Password or Pin for "NSS Certificate DB":
Enter password for PKCS12 file:
pk12util-bin: PKCS12 decode import bags failed: You are attempting to
import a cert with the same issuer/serial as an existing cert, but that
is not the same cert.

Cheers,

Greg Copeland