[Fedora-directory-users] FDS log management - bug?

Noriko Hosoi nhosoi at redhat.com
Mon Aug 13 18:13:30 UTC 2007

Hello, Andrey,

I tried to reproduce the problem with these config parameters, but I
could not.

    nsslapd-accesslog-logging-enabled: on
    nsslapd-accesslog-maxlogsperdir: 10
    nsslapd-accesslog-mode: 600
    nsslapd-accesslog-maxlogsize: 10
    nsslapd-accesslog-logrotationtime: 1
    nsslapd-accesslog-logrotationtimeunit: day
    nsslapd-accesslog-logrotationsync-enabled: on
    nsslapd-accesslog-logrotationsynchour: 10
    nsslapd-accesslog-logrotationsyncmin: 40
    nsslapd-accesslog: /var/log/redhat-ds/slapd-laputa/access

It rotated the access log at 10:40, but it did not remove my
older/oldest log access.20070810-173005:

    total 11788
    -rw-------  1 nobody nobody 8570855 Aug 13 10:52 access
    -rw-------  1 nobody root    108003 Aug 10 17:33 access.20070810-173005
    -rw-------  1 nobody nobody 1845874 Aug 13 10:33 access.20070813-103043
    -rw-------  1 nobody nobody 1453655 Aug 13 10:40
    access.20070813-103824 <=== rotated at 10:40
    -rw-------  1 nobody root       377 Aug 13 10:40 access.rotationinfo
    -rw-------  1 nobody root         0 Aug 10 17:30 audit
    -rw-------  1 nobody root        63 Aug 10 17:30 audit.rotationinfo
    -rw-------  1 nobody root      5878 Aug 13 10:38 errors
    -rw-------  1 nobody root        63 Aug 10 17:30 errors.rotationinfo

Do you happen to have any other advice I could test on?
Thanks,
--noriko