[Fedora-directory-users] directory server setting fail toterminateidle connections

Brian Fender FenderB at gsicommerce.com
Tue Aug 14 15:04:47 UTC 2007

With a lightly used, it takes about two weeks to hit 8000 connections.
The number of connections does constantly drop, however not nearly as
fast as it increases.  I would expect it to level off at some point, but
this never happens.

I believe that the reason it is creating new connections is because the
apache processes are hitting max-requests-per-child and respawning
before they ever have a need to re-use their LDAP connection.  I think
the connection is being closed on the client side at this point, and
when another LDAP request actually comes in it makes a new connection.

The apache server is extremely busy, it just rarely talks to the LDAP
server.