[Fedora-directory-users] troubles with ldapmodify and db2ldif

stefi stephanie.labruyere at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 16:20:42 UTC 2007

    Richard,

thanks a lot! At least for what concerns ou and static group export, I've
found out a solution ... i'ts true that talking with other people about
these problems helps in finding solutions!  I must confess that I've never
thought about using a ldapsearch ... thanks again!

For the other problem, I still don't understand why, working with static
group, ldapmodify doesn't act in continuous mode ... but having solved the
other problem, I can set up a script that extracts both ou and static group
and (in some way ...  I must still think about) counts uids and if their
numbers are different send me an alert by mail.

Best regards,

    Stefi

2007/8/30, Richard Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>:

> db2ldif/ldif2db operate at the database level e.g. you usually will have
> a database named userRoot which corresponds to the suffix
> dc=myDomain,dc=it.  You cannot use db2ldif on a subtree.  Suggestions:
> * use db2ldif but write a script (e.g. python-ldap, Net::LDAP) to
> operate only on those entries you want
> * use ldapsearch -s sub -b "ou=myOU, dc=myDomain, dc=it" instead of
> db2ldif
> >
> > --

Procurade e moderare,
Barones, sa tirannia,