[Fedora-directory-users] error logging in first time

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 15:58:33 UTC 2007

Bob Wooden wrote:
> I am new to Fedora Directory Server, but six or seven years linux
> user.
>
> I have built a Fedora Core 6, selected the "web server" option on build
> and installed the FDS 1.0.4 version.  Located java and adjusted the
> symbolic link.  Did my FDS setup/setup and set all the defaults.  When I
> perform the ./startconsole command (within the fedora-ds directory, I
> get the following error message:
>
> Cannot connect to the Admin Server "http://******.***.***:43766"
> The URL is not correct or the server is not running.

First, make sure both the DS and admin server are running:
ps -ef|grep ns-slapd
ps -ef|grep httpd.worker

If one or the other is not running, make sure you start the DS first,
then the admin server.

Next, try connecting to the URL http://******.***.***:43766 using your
web browser - does it work?

I would suggest looking at /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/logs to see if
there are any errors.