[Fedora-directory-users] Permissions to manager passwds as admin

Jeff mountainman_gh at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 31 16:43:24 UTC 2007

--- Richard Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:

> Jeff wrote:
> > How the heck do I set permissions so that admin
> can
> > manage password policy?
> I'm assuming you mean the console admin user?

Yes, the console admin user.

> The admin is by default allowed to manage passwords,
> if you use the
> setup program and have it create your DIT for you.

I did use the setup program to configure everything. I
have no permissions as admin to manage passwords on my
LDAP directory, hence the post. Not for Groups, not
for Users...nothing!

I remember changing permissions on something to get it
to work so I could manage passwords with admin, but
don't remember the specific thing it was...and that is
what I am after.

I am using 1.0.4 for fedora-ds BTW.

Thank you.