Re: [Fedora-directory-users] Announcing Fedora DirectoryServer 1.1Beta

Jared B. Griffith wrote:
I am trying to build the beta version on Free BSD, but I am getting the following error
The LDAPSDK version in -I/usr/local/include/ldap-standard.h
The ldapsdk version is ldapsdk-1998.12.31_1
I remember seeing here that the rpm is only available in the latest redhat or fedora. Can someone give me the name of the source rpm package so that I can try building this?
Is the ldapsdk even necessary?
Yes, it is definitely necessary. What version of Free BSD? Does that have Mozilla nspr and nss, as separate packages (i.e. not bundled witih Firefox) with the headers? If not, you'll have to start with nspr and nss:
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/nspr/releases/v4.6.7/src
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/security/nss/releases/NSS_3_11_7_RTM/src

Then svrcore:
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/directory/svrcore/releases/4.0.4/src

mozldap (Mozilla LDAP SDK) also requires cyrus-sasl, which I assume is already available.

The mozldap source code is here - ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/directory/c-sdk/releases/v6.0.4/src

If you would rather have a source RPM, you can get the mozldap source rpm from any fedora mirror e.g. http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/8/Everything/source/SRPMS/mozldap-6.0.4-2.fc8.src.rpm

The srpms for the other components (nspr, nss, etc.) are also available from the same location.