[Fedora-directory-users] Differences between /etc/ldap.conf and /etc/openldap/ldap.conf

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Wed Dec 5 02:08:07 UTC 2007

Hi,

It would seem that LDAP stuff on Redhat/Fedora at least is a bit messy,
there would seem to be two ldap.conf files, /etc/ldap.conf and
/etc/openldap/ldap.conf

A while back I was told not to sym link them as their contents
differ....so OK this is the /etc/ldap.conf I have written,

#=========
#ssl setup
# http://www.padl.com
base dc=vuw,dc=ac,dc=nz
pam_password md5
BASE dc=vuw,dc=ac,dc=nz
TLS_REQCERT allow
#TLS_REQCERT never
host ldap.vuw.ac.nz
ssl start_tls
uri ldap://ldap.vuw.ac.nz/
tls_cacertdir /etc/openldap/cacerts
#========

How would /etc/openldap/ldap.conf differ?

What would the file look like to do the same job?

regards

Steven Jones
Senior  Linux/Unix/San/Vmware System Administrator
APG -Technology Integration Team
Victoria University of Wellington
Phone: +64 4 463 6272