[Fedora-directory-users] Fractional Replication Updates

Mike C smith.not.western at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 23:51:10 UTC 2007

Hi,

Could someone clarify what exactly fractional replication updates are?

If I e.g. change a userPassword entry for a user in my ldap directory,
which is the master in a master-slave replication scenario, what gets
sent to the slave? The entry for that user, or just the changed
attribute, or even the entire directory? From my readings, I think
that a) With Fractional Replication, only the entry gets transmitted.
b) With Normal Replication, the whole entire directory gets
transmitted. Is this correct?

Is someone able to update the docs on this subject? The only section I
can find related to Fractional Updates is here:
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features and it is a 1 liner.

Thanks,

Mike