Re: [Fedora-directory-users] errot on replica: the replica has the same Replica ID

Elisa Pellegrini wrote:
Hi!
I try to configure multi master replication and I follow instuction on the administration's guide.
I have two supplier server A and B in read-write replica
My problem is the following error messages on the supplier A:
Unable to aquire replica:the replica has the same Replica ID as this one. Replication is aborting.

Why?
the guide say that I must have a different replica ID for each suffix and every server must have a different replica ID
So I use ID=1 for supplier B (the consumer) and ID=2 for supplier A .
I use the replication agreement only in supplier A.
I guess you are referring to http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/replicat.html#1027091

Technically, since the database is the unit of replication, and usually there is one suffix per database, the protocol requires that each suffix have a different replica ID on each server. But in practice it is easier to just assign a unique replica ID to each server and use that ID for each replicated suffix from that server.

The error message is pretty clear - you have a duplicate replica ID.