[Fedora-directory-users] Re: Announce: Net-LDAPapi version 2.00 released

Chris Garrigues cwg-dated-1171495263.8b9506 at Trinsics.Com
Fri Feb 9 23:21:02 UTC 2007

> From:  Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah at stanford.edu>
> Date:  Fri, 09 Feb 2007 01:24:52 -0800
>
> A new release of Net::LDAPapi module is now available for Perl via CPAN.
> This release includes compilation against OpenLDAP libraries from version
> 2.1 forward.  It now supports LDAPv3, including SASL binds.

I hate to sound critical, but...

Who's responsible for the "object oriented" interface?  It bugs me when a
package claims to have an OO interface, yet there's no use of OO concepts in
the interface.  It took me a while to convince myself that the values returned
by first_entry and next_entry aren't actually objects on which I would then use
the get_values method.

I'd rather just use the non-OO interface since it wouldn't mislead me into
expecting OO behavior.  I assume that still works even though it's no longer
documented.  Do I just stick "ldap_" on the front of all the method names?

Chris

--
Chris Garrigues                         Trinsic Solutions
President                               710-B West 14th Street

512-322-0180                            http://www.trinsics.com

                 Would you rather proactively pay for
                uptime or reactively pay for downtime?

                          Trinsic Solutions