[Fedora-directory-users] big searches dont return anything

Stéphane Konstantaropoulos skonstant at sgul.ac.uk
Mon Jan 8 17:36:18 UTC 2007

Hello,

I am moving our old Sun One setup to Fedora Directory server and I am pretty
impressed.

Just one thing does not work: searches that find a lot of entries:

e.g. if I search for "smith", nothing comes back, no error either (from the
console). I have around 10 000 users, so I'd say there are a lot of Smith's
since this is London...

However, if I make the search more precise, like "John Smith", it returns the
results.

It must have something to do with search limits, I tried a couple of things in
the console but no result at all.

I think I remember a param called "admin limit" but I cannot find it in the
console. I tuned "lookthrough limit" and "size limit" with no luck.

Any ideas?

This is FDS 1.0.4 running on Fedora Core 6, x86_64.

Thanks for helping,
--
Stéphane Konstantaropoulos <skonstant at sgul.ac.uk>
-- Web Developer - Computing Services