[Fedora-directory-users] Windows Sync Errors

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Mon Jan 8 17:46:26 UTC 2007

Glenn wrote:

>>All you need is to have entries that are 'syncable'. On the FDS side
>>this means
>>special objectclass and attribute values. On the AD side it only
>>means having the entries in the container configured in the sync agreement.
>>

>If I have entries in DS that do not exist in AD, and I "Initiate Full Re-
>synchronization", then these entries should be created in AD, correct?

Incorrect. As I said, they need very particular schema to be sync'ed
(entries from AD to FDS will be sync'ed even if they only have basic AD
schema though).
There is a bit of doc on this here :
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/ag/7.1/sync.html#2859623
The easiest route might be for you to create a test user using the java
console
(make it an 'nt user') and then copy the object class and attributes
from that.