[Fedora-directory-users] big searches dont return anything

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Wed Jan 10 16:07:06 UTC 2007

Stéphane Konstantaropoulos wrote:

>It'd be nice if it noticed by itself that the db is corrupted.

Unfortunately that's something of an AI problem :(
There is some code in the server that can compare the
results of an indexed vs an unindexed execution of the same
query (used in the past to debug query optimizations). Someone
could develop that into a kind of index inconsistency tool.
All out corruption (someone writes random c**p over the
database pages _will_ be detected). It sounds like you had
some inconsistency between the primary and secondary
indices. I'm not sure how that could have happened
(it shouldn't).