[Fedora-directory-users] Installing using yum, admin server & automatic uid

Andreas Kekkou kekkou.a at cs.ucy.ac.cy
Mon Jun 18 08:41:49 UTC 2007

Hi,

We are in the process of migrating our NIS to FDS. We've been
experimenting with FDS 1.0.4 for some time now and we managed to sync it
with AD and have our *nix clients authenticating using TLS. Last week I
installed FDS on Fedora 7 using yum. We have the base server functioning
but it seems too hard to maintain it without the admin server. Does
anybody knows if I can get the admin server using cvs? And something
else, how we take advantage of automatic uid? I'm creating accounts
using Softerra's LDAP Administrator. I've created a custom template and
set uid to optional but when I'm trying to create an account I getting
an error message.

Andreas