[Fedora-directory-users] Installing using yum, admin server & automatic uid

Andreas Kekkou kekkou.a at cs.ucy.ac.cy
Tue Jun 19 07:03:34 UTC 2007

What I'm trying to do is to create users (object class posixAccount) and
don't have to provide uid manually. I'm not sure how I can achieve this
since uid is mandatory attribute for posixAccount. In FDS's website,
under Recent News it is mentioned that Fedora DS gets posix/unix
automatic uid generation (02/08/2007).  If this is called distributed
numeric assignment plugin, then this is the feature I want to use. As
I've mentioned all ready I'm not running admin server so I don't know if
this plugin is installed or configured.

Andreas