[Fedora-directory-users] [crit] host_ip_init(): PSET failure: Failed to create PSET handle (pset error = )

Anthony M. Farrell tfar at smc.co.nz
Tue Jun 26 06:38:39 UTC 2007

On Tue, 26 Jun 2007 00:28:31 Richard Megginson wrote:
> This error message is telling you that Apache will not run as root.  You
> must change your User in admin-serv/config/console.conf to a non-root
> user, preferably the same user as you run your directory server as (if
> that is also root, I strongly encourage you to use a non-root user).

Thanks Richard - I created a fedora-ds user and that solved the problem. My
interpretation of the installation instructions was that the default port 389
must run as root. However that is obviously not the case. With your help all
is now well.

Thanks for the effort you make to assist users on this list. I am sure it is
much appreciated.

Tony