[Fedora-directory-users] sorry retarded question on fds and tcpip no luck in faq

David Boreham david_list at boreham.org
Tue Mar 6 22:39:05 UTC 2007

You want to bind each of several slapd processes to a different
local IP address, listening on the same port ?
I'm almost certain you can do that. Probably not with the
java console though. You'd need to find the config
in the docs and enter it in dse.ldif by hand.

Note that you really don't need to do this if you can
ensure that clients authenticate (you can use access control
rules to wall them off from each other).

If you need anonymous access using a default suffix
on port 389 then yes you do need to do what you're asking.