[Fedora-directory-users] lookthrough vs. sizelimit

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Wed Mar 14 22:02:11 UTC 2007

> No. That'd be quite silly, wouldn't it ?

Absolutely :), that's why I was curious.
So correct me if this wrong, but sounds like either of the two can be
used to limit how much the server works on a search, but they each take
effect at a different part of the search algorithm.
I still wonder why you'd choose one over the other to implement result
limits?  Seems kind of like a door with two knobs.  Maybe there's some
specific cases where one is preferable.

Thanks again for the replies,
-- George