[Fedora-directory-users] fds 1.0.4 on Gentoo 64-bit [SOLVED]

David Stutzman david.stutzman at dstutz.com
Tue May 1 11:29:22 UTC 2007

David Stutzman wrote:
> The ds builds fine, I run the setup and go through the wizard,
> everything is installed, started up and running.  When I try to connect
> using the console I get:
> "Cannot connect to the directory server: netscape.ldap.LDAPException:
> error result (32); No such object"

If anyone cares this seems to work fine now that I'm using Apache 2.2
(2.2.4 specifically).  I've built and installed both 1.0.2 and 1.0.4 and
I can connect using the console.  I guess there's something about 1.0.3
and 1.0.4 with Apache 2.0.x > 2.0.54 (DS 1.0.2 won't build with apache
2.0.x greater than 2.0.54) that doesn't mesh well together with Gentoo
apparently.

Many thanks to Rich M for the time he spent helping me troubleshoot the
issue in #fedora-ds.

Dave