[Fedora-directory-users] Startconsole error - please help

Diwakoe diwakoe at gmail.com
Thu May 3 09:54:57 UTC 2007

On 5/3/07, ashley <ashley at csse.uwa.edu.au> wrote:

> Sounds like you running the wrong type of java to call the Management
> Console
>

> Last time I checked all the locations of the jar files for the console is
> sourced in the startconsole script so you don't have to mess with the
> CLASSPATH variable

Hi Ashley,

You're right when I type this : java -version I get this:

    java version "1.4.2" ...
    gij (GNU libgcj) version 4.1.1

Now i have sun java jre_1_5_0_11-linux-i586.bin and installed in
/opt/java is that okay to use that?. If you don't mind please guide me
how to fix this problem with this java.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Diwa