[Fedora-directory-users] Restore Master LDAP Server from Secondary???

J. Hartman joona.hartman at gmail.com
Thu May 24 10:55:18 UTC 2007

On 5/24/07, HAWKER, Dan <Dan.HAWKER at uk4.astrium.eads.net> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I've been happily running FDS (v1.02) for about a year, all fairly good.
>
> I have it configured with a Single Master and one backup/slave server.
> Unfortunately after a series of nasty power failures last weekend, the
> master is no longer working as expected and after using verify-bd.pl it
> seems the database(s) are corrupted.
>
> I have a backup (on tape), however I was wondering if I could use the
> still working (why my users can still auth OK) secondary as a means of
> re-populating the master again.
>
> For instance, can I *upgrade* the slave to a master, and then replicate
> to the *old* master (once I have reinstalled/rebuilt it). Or maybe
> simply dump the slaves data to LDIF and then re-import into the *old*
> master.

I'd do it using LDIF dumps taken with db2ldif on the slave. Restore is
done with ldif2db on the master host. Then check errors logs to see if
you need to reinitialize replication or recreate your changelog.

Cmd-line scripts doc is at:
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/dir-server/cli/scripts.htm#pgfId-18294