[Fedora-directory-users] How can you monitor replication?

Eddie C edlinuxguru at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 18:44:34 UTC 2007

All this code is EXACTLY what I was looking for. I took this code and
built it to work with nagios. It works great.

#!/usr/bin/perl
use strict;
# Edward Capriolo 2007
# Based on code by # Ivan Ferreira - Enero 2007
#usage perl check_ldap_replication ldapsomething.something.com
"cn=Directory Manager" "mypassword"
"cn=replica,cn=o\=something.com,cn=mapping tree,cn=config"

#define command {
#        command_name    check_ldap_replication
#        command_line    $USER1$/check_ldap_replication $HOSTADDRESS$
"$ARG1$" "$ARG2$" "$ARG3$"
#}

my $host=$ARGV[0]; #ldapsomething.something.com
my $cn=$ARGV[1]; #cn=Directory Manager
my $pass=$ARGV[2]; #mypassword
my $base=$ARGV[3]; "cn=replica,cn=o\=something.com,cn=mapping tree,cn=config"

my $r_cmd="/usr/bin/ldapsearch -h $host -x -D \"$cn\" -b \"$base\" -w
$pass objectClass=nsDS5ReplicationAgreement
nsds5replicaLastUpdateStatus nsds5replicaLastUpdateStart";
#print "$r_cmd\n";
my @list = split ( /\n/, `$r_cmd` );

my $res=-1;
my $line="";

for (my $j=0;$j<@list;$j++){
#       print "$list[$j]\n";
        if ($list[$j] =~ /^nsds5replicaLastUpdateStatus/){
#               print $list[$j];
                $line=$list[$j];
                my @tok = split ( /\s/, $list[$j] );
                $res=$tok[1];