[Fedora-directory-users] Missing tasks directory

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 20:15:36 UTC 2007

Martin Eckel wrote:
> Am Di 09.10.2007 17:47 schrieb Richard Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com>:
>
> > Martin Eckel wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have installed fedora-ds-1.0.4-1 on a FC6 Linux. I am able to run
> > > the startconsole, but when I open the Admin Server window and select
> > > any item than an error message appears that it trys to access to
> > > /admin-serv/tasks/Configuration/ServerSetup. But the tasks directory
> > > don't exist. I would expect that is was created by the rpm-package
> > > while installation but it isn't.
> > > I started the rpm-installation with the --nodeps argument (what I
> > > would like to avoid, I assume that could be the reason) because it
> > > says that no httpd is available, but an apache is already
> installed as
> > > source-package on this system. I have created a symbolic link before
> > > to the httpd-file in /usr/sbin but that don't help.
> > > Anyone knows, why no tasks directory and its subfolders was created
> > > after the installation ?
> > That URL path is not the actual path in the file system. The way the
> > admin server works is that it maps that URL to a LDAP entry somewhere
> > under o=NetscapeRoot in the configuration directory server. It does
> > this so it can apply fine grained access control to each task based on
> > Fedora DS ACIs, rather than on httpd access control.
> >
> > It's going to be tricky to install properly without an httpd.worker
> > package available for setup.
>
> My Apache is compiled as worker version.
>

> > > Excuse me for my bad English and many Thanks in advance
> > > Martin

> Thank you for your answer, Richard. I am still working on the same
> problem. I have checked my ldap structure into the Directory Server
> startconsole. There exists an "admin-serv-ldap" element into the
> NetscapeRoot Directory. I have called my servername "ldap" while the
> installation setup,so it should be correct. But if I click on any
> button into the Admin Server console window, the error-message shows
> that it trys to access to "admin-serv" directory.
Check the admin server access and error logs /opt/fedora-ds/admin-serv/logs
> Also a mysterious thing is that if I click on a button into the
> Directory Server window, i.e. "Manage Certificates" than only an empty
> box is appearing.
Check the admin server access and error logs?
> Is there any configuration file where this access path is defined ?
Not exactly.  It's really very simple - the admin server converts the
path /admin-serv/Tasks/Name into an ldap entry - it first looks for the
admin server entry cn=admin-serv-ldap, then looks for cn=Name,cn=Tasks
under that entry.