[Fedora-directory-users] Can't locate CSN in Multi-Master replica

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Mon Oct 29 15:25:39 UTC 2007

Dael Maselli wrote:
> I can't understand very well what fds do during replica.
>
> My node A has replica id 1 and node B has 2, in the changelog of A I see
> records like 4725e604000000010000 or 4725e80f000000010000 and in B
> records
> like 472224f2000000020000, so I conclude that 5th digit from right is the
> replica id. Am I wrong???
Right.

> When I get the logs "Can't locate CSN 47222163000000020000" in A, is A
> looking
> in its own changelog? or in B one? Because, if is true what i said
> before,
> A is looking fot id 1 and B for id 2... Right?
Yes.

> By the way, i'm using bin/slapd/server/dbscan -f to look in the
> changelog,
> when fds gives the error "Can't locate CSN", I can't see the csn id in
> the
> changelog of A nor B.
I don't think dbscan can look at changelogs.

Can you describe the exact steps you took e.g.
configured and created changelogs on A and B
created replication manager user on A and B
configured A to be a multi master replica
configured B to be a multi master replica
created replication agreement from A to B
created replication agreement from B to A
Did replica init from A to B

Note that you should not do a replica init from B to A if you already
did one from A to B