[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and OpenLDAP integration

Matteo Angelino matteo.angelino at mfn.unipmn.it
Fri Sep 7 10:06:53 UTC 2007

Hello,
in my organization I have a master ldap server based on openLDAP. Now
I have installed a new ldap server (slave) based on Fedora Directory
Server.
The openLDAP server have a replica directive in the cenfiguration
file to replicate the modify to FDS server. Modify entry that exist
on master server work fine.
The problem in the insert of e new user into the master server. When
I try to insert e new user from the followind ldif, i see an error in
the insert.

testuser.ldif:

dn: uid=testuser, dc=studenti, dc=unipmn,dc=it
givenName: TEST
postalCode: 1920
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: posixAccount
userPassword:: e21kNX0rcmM3V2xoeE9QcnZLc0MvdlJtRlZnPT0=
mail: roberto.pinna at studenti.unipmn.it
uid: testuser
uidNumber: 6763578
cn: TEST USER
carLicense: PNNRRT73B26A182A
loginShell: /bin/bash
gidNumber: 100
homeDirectory: /home/test
sn: TEST

Error from FDS error log:

Entry "uid=testuser,dc=studenti,dc=unipmn,dc=it" -- attribute
"structuralobjectclass" not allowed

Error from slurpd (on master openLDAP server):

Error: ldap_add_s failed adding DN
"uid=testuser,dc=studenti,dc=unipmn,dc=it": attribute
"structuralobjectclass" not allowed

Information from reject file of the surpd:

ERROR::
T2JqZWN0IGNsYXNzIHZpb2xhdGlvbjogYXR0cmlidXRlICJzdHJ1Y3R1cmFsb2JqZWN0Y2
  xhc3MiIG5vdCBhbGxvd2VkCg==
replica: db.mfn.unipmn.it:389
time: 1189156318.0
dn: uid=testuser,dc=studenti,dc=unipmn,dc=it
changetype: add
mail: roberto.pinna at studenti.unipmn.it
uidNumber: 6763578
cn: TEST USER
carLicense: PNNRRT73B26A182A
loginShell: /bin/bash
gidNumber: 100
homeDirectory: /home/test
sn: TEST
structuralObjectClass: inetOrgPerson
entryUUID: 21363b50-f16e-102b-96d1-e14b33466425
creatorsName: cn=manager,dc=unipmn,dc=it
createTimestamp: 20070907091157Z
entryCSN: 20070907091157Z#000000#00#000000
modifiersName: cn=manager,dc=unipmn,dc=it
modifyTimestamp: 20070907091157Z

I have see that the structuralobjectclass is not defined in the
attributes available in FDS.... how can resolve the probem?

Thank's in advance

Matteo Angelino
Dipartimento di Informatica
Via Bellini 25\G