[Fedora-directory-users] ssh login fail ~ a gottha on RHAS4

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Wed Sep 12 21:33:30 UTC 2007

While setting up a second AS4 client I ran authconfig-gtk and started to
compare the before and after ldap.conf files, only to find I could not
see any differences, doing a diff proved it. I even > ldap.conf the file
to zero it and authconfig-gtk did not write a thing....

So I ran authconfig instead and this correctly edited the ldap.conf and
ssh worked straight off (after a sshd re-start)....

So anyone out there trying to setup a client using authconfig-gtk should
probably try/stick to authconfig instead.

regards

Steven Jones
Senior  Linux/Unix/San/Vmware System Administrator
APG -Technology Integration Team
Victoria University of Wellington
Phone: +64 4 463 6272