[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and Solaris Client Question

Marc Sauton msauton at redhat.com
Tue Sep 18 20:53:13 UTC 2007

Jeremiah Coleman wrote:
> I'm trying to set up a Solaris 10 client with FDS (all my linux clients
> are working beautifully), but authentication is acting very strange.
> Monitoring the net traffic, I can see the Solaris system bind, search
> for info about the username, get a normal response, but then it just

Not sure for the "normal" reponse.
If the rootbinddn in /etc/ldap.conf and associated pw or file
permissions are correct, what about a "getent passwd" and logs or trace ?
> unbinds.  It never asks to authenticate a password.  My configuration is
> below.

May want to restart / sighup your sshd to get the last configurations.
System logs and getent  could confirm the uid is found, to eliminate the
nss_ldap part.
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>
> ldap_client_file:
> NS_LDAP_FILE_VERSION= 2.0
> NS_LDAP_SERVERS= fds1.wherever.com
> NS_LDAP_SEARCH_BASEDN= dc=wherever,dc=com
> NS_LDAP_AUTH= simple
> NS_LDAP_SEARCH_REF= TRUE
> NS_LDAP_SEARCH_SCOPE= one
> NS_LDAP_SEARCH_TIME= 30
> NS_LDAP_CACHETTL= 43200
> NS_LDAP_PROFILE= default
> NS_LDAP_CREDENTIAL_LEVEL= proxy
> NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= passwd: ou=People,dc=wherever,dc=com?one
> NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= group: ou=group,dc=wherever,dc=com?one
> NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= shadow: ou=People,dc=wherever,dc=com?one
> NS_LDAP_SERVICE_SEARCH_DESC= netgroup: ou=netgroup,dc=wherever,dc=com?one
> NS_LDAP_BIND_TIME= 2
>
> /etc/nsswitch.conf (note, I pulled ldap from networks, etc, since not
> all of that is configured on ldap as yet):
> # the following two lines obviate the "+" entry in /etc/passwd and /etc/group.
> passwd:     files ldap
> group:      files ldap
> shadow:     files ldap
>
> # consult /etc "files" only if ldap is down.
> hosts:      dns files ldap
>
> # Note that IPv4 addresses are searched for in all of the ipnodes databases
> # before searching the hosts databases.
> ipnodes:    files
>
> networks:   files
> protocols:  files
> rpc:        files
> ethers:     files
> netmasks:   files
> bootparams: files
> publickey:  files
>
> netgroup:   ldap
>
> automount:  files ldap
> aliases:    files ldap
>
> # for efficient getservbyname() avoid ldap
> services:   files ldap
>
> printers:   user files ldap
>
> auth_attr:  files ldap
> prof_attr:  files ldap
>
> project:    files ldap
>
> tnrhtp:     files ldap
> tnrhdb:     files ldap

Is it possible you are missing some entries in your /etc/pam.d/ for ssh
on Solaris 10 ?