[Fedora-directory-users] FDS and Solaris Client Question

Jeremiah Coleman jay.coleman at cctechnol.com
Tue Sep 18 21:44:38 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 13:53 -0700, Marc Sauton wrote:
> Jeremiah Coleman wrote:
> > I'm trying to set up a Solaris 10 client with FDS (all my linux clients
> > are working beautifully), but authentication is acting very strange.
> > Monitoring the net traffic, I can see the Solaris system bind, search
> > for info about the username, get a normal response, but then it just
> >
> Not sure for the "normal" reponse.

The client asks for the posixAccount info, and gets all that is
available, then asks for the shadowAccount info, and gets the uid (same
as the linux clients).  Repeats this a couple of times, then stops.

> If the rootbinddn in /etc/ldap.conf and associated pw or file
> permissions are correct, what about a "getent passwd" and logs or trace ?
> > unbinds.  It never asks to authenticate a password.  My configuration is
> > below.

I'm using Solaris 10 native, not OpenLDAP.  No /etc/ldap.conf.  Would I
be better off switching to OpenLDAP?  getent passwd gives me a passwd
file list from the ldap server, with x instead of actual passwords.

As for logs, I've been unable to find a way to get the authentication
stuff to log effectively.

Thanks,
Jay