[Fedora-directory-users] white space at the end of attributes that refuses to go away

Ulf Weltman ulf.weltman at hp.com
Tue Sep 25 18:21:59 UTC 2007

When attribute values are deleted from entries in a replicated partition
they are moved to a hidden state, they need to be kept around in case
they need to be resurrected by the update resolution protocol.  If you
add the same value after deleting it, the underlying mechanism moves it
back from the hidden state.  I wonder if it's considering the old value
equivalent to what you're trying to add.  I'm pretty sure spaces don't
slip through though, can you verify what character codes the trailing
characters are so I can test it?

Ulf