[Fedora-directory-users] warnings in /var/log/secure

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 22:49:49 UTC 2008

On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 12:34 PM, Aaron Bliss <abliss at brockport.edu> wrote:

>  Thanks for getting back to me.  Here is /etc/pam.d/system-auth
>  #%PAM-1.0
>  # This file is auto-generated.
>  # User changes will be destroyed the next time authconfig is run.
>  auth        required      pam_env.so
>  auth        sufficient    pam_unix.so nullok try_first_pass

Ok I see that we have hand changed the above line to:
auth        sufficient    pam_unix.so likeauth nullok nodelay

..... same lines deleted.

>  session     required      pam_mkhomedir.so skel=/etc/skel/ umask=0077

Don't have the above line

Our basic ldap.conf is the following.. I changed the o= and ou=
egrep -v '^$|^[[:space:]]*$|^\#' /etc/ldap.conf

base o=ZiaUniversity,c=US
uri ldaps://ldap.ziauniversity.edu/
binddn uid=l33tdude,ou=GodsPeeps,o=ZiaUniversity,c=US
bindpw XXXXXXXXXXXX
timelimit 120
bind_timelimit 10
bind_policy soft
idle_timelimit 3600
nss_base_netgroup          ou=Dudes,o=University of New Mexico,c=US?one
pam_password md5
nss_initgroups_ignoreusers root,ldap,named,avahi,haldaemon
ssl on
tls_cacertdir /etc/openldap/cacerts

If you have a 'host ldap.uni.edu' it may try to do a non SSL
connection first and fail and then a SSL one.