[Fedora-directory-users] Business Case: Advantage Opensource Directory VS Active Directory

Merle Reine merle.reine at gmail.com
Mon Aug 25 04:30:33 UTC 2008

Ease of use, speed, dependency.  I love mysql, php, apache, linux but LDAP
is just way too confusing and need to many hands on to manage.  AD just
works, was a breeze to setup (i setup exchange server, ADAM in 2 days
serving 6,000 users) and I had 0 previous experience with either as I am a
linux guy.  It has worked flawlessly with not a single thing done to it
since being setup.  I don't like the licensing fees either but it is worth
the money to not have to do any management on a daily basis and I mean 0
seconds of my time or my admins in the last 3 months.

Merle Reine
CTO
Vanguard Industries, Inc.

Email Address: echo zreyr.ervar at tznvy.pbz | perl -pe 'y/a-z/n-za-m/'