[Fedora-directory-users] LDIF Documentation

Sören Malchow Soeren.Malchow at interone.de
Tue Aug 26 13:49:20 UTC 2008

Hi Gene

ldif is a standardized format to exchange data between LDAP servers

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LDIF

you can import it into any LDAP server ( as long as it knows all required
schemas )

every entry represents an object in the LDAP server ( including its
attributes with their values )

though this is the fedora-directory mailing list, maybe the openldap
quickstart helps you a little (
http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin24/quickstart.html )

regards

soeren