[Fedora-directory-users] Access control and best practices etc ...

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Sun Aug 31 16:33:12 UTC 2008

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 3:09 AM,  <ben.van.veen at planet.nl> wrote:

> Richard,
>
> Can you add the value to the attribute with the FDS consol ?

Turns out my problem was a mis-configuration of smbldap.conf. I had
the wrong dn for Directory Manager.

I was able to use ldapmodify to add the attribute, and then increasing
the debugging output from the dirsrv daemon showed me what the problem
was.

However, I still suspect that it is good practice to create a separate
entity that all the Samba stuff can use to bind with.