[Fedora-directory-users] (no subject)

George Holbert gholbert at broadcom.com
Fri Dec 5 19:56:12 UTC 2008

Chavez, James R. wrote:
> Hello again, Thanks for the reply.
> My Solaris 10 and 8 clients are working against SSL now, thanks!
> For my Linx clients clients I am trying to follow the FDS wiki: How
> to:SSL.
>
> I am having a problem importing the root CA certificate on my Fedora
> boxes.
> The Howto SSL link says to run this command to import the cacert.asc
> file.
>
> "cp cacert.asc /etc/openldap/cacerts/`openssl x509 -noot -hash -in
> cacert.asc`.0"
>
> However that responds with the below error. Anybody familiar with this
> error?
> Also I see Fedora has the certutil utility, can I use this to import the
> ca root certificate like I did for the Solaris clients?

I believe the nss_ldap and pam_ldap libraries on Fedora use OpenSSL, not
Mozilla's NSS (of which certutil is a component).
So certutil won't do you any good in this area.

> 'Error opening Certificate cacert.asc
> 2312:error:02001002:system library:fopen:No such file or
> directory:bss_file.c:352:fopen('cacert.asc','r')
> 2312:error:20074002:BIO routines:FILE_CTRL:system lib:bss_file.c:354:

Try giving an absolute path to cacert.asc... looks like it's just not
finding that file.
e.g.

"cp /path/to/cacert.asc /etc/openldap/cacerts/`openssl x509 -noout -hash -in
/path/to/cacert.asc`.0"