[Fedora-directory-users] Syncing sambaLMPassword and sambaNTPassword with userPassword

Jeff Williams Jeff.Williams at infospace.com
Fri Dec 12 18:04:10 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I am trying to set up a samba share that will use a ldap read-only consumer in such a fashion:

[windows active directory] -> [fedora-ds-MMR] -> [fedora-ds-RO] -> [samba share]

Note the singular direction, I am trying to not send updates back upstream. I use the PassSync to provide an updated password to the MMR, but I am at a loss of how to update sambaNTPassword and sambaLMPassword, without using smbpasswd. Is there an alternative? I've seen talk in the archives of people intending to write plugins for this task, where they ever written? Am I missing something simple?

Thanks,
Jeff Williams