[Fedora-directory-users] fedora-idm-console problem

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Wed Dec 17 22:36:53 UTC 2008

Steve Fletcher wrote:
> That gives me:
> [root at rome fdsldap]# /usr/lib64/mozldap/ldapsearch -h
> rome.protect.nssl -D "uid=admin, ou=Administrators,
> ou=TopologyManagement, o=NetscapeRoot" -w "Mypassword" -s base -b ""
> "objectclass=*"
> ldapsearch: Password will expire in 0 seconds
> ldapsearch: Password has been reset by an administrator; you must
> change it.
> ldap_search: DSA is unwilling to perform
>
> That is likely because I reset the password to get past the invalid
> credentials problem when trying to run setup-ds-admin.pl -u
> For the ldapsearch below and to reset the adm password I used -D
> "cn=Directory Manager". So for the next question: How do I change it or
> unset the password expiration stuff which I never intended to be
> applied to the admin server by command line.
Change the passwordExpirationTime in that entry:
ldapmodify -x -h rome.protect.nssl -D "cn=directory manager" -w thepassword
dn: uid=admin, ou=Administrators, ou=TopologyManagement, o=NetscapeRoot
changetype: modify
replace: passwordExpirationTime
passwordExpirationTime: 20380101000000Z

Will change the password so that it expires in 2038

> Rich Megginson wrote:
>> Steve Fletcher wrote:
>>> Yes I can query these using ldapsearch.
>>> dn: cn=user, cn=defaultObjectClassesContainer, ou=1.1, ou=Admin,
>>> ou=Global Pre
>>> ferences, ou=protect.nssl, o=NetscapeRoot ...
>>>
>>> Using fedora-idm-console -D ldap     I get:
>>> Ldap Connection rome.protect.nssl:389
>>> 15:07:49.301 ldc=0 Connected to ldap://rome.protect.nssl:389
>>> 15:07:49.318 ldc=0 op=1 BindRequest {version=3, name=uid=admin,
>>> ou=Administrators, ou=TopologyManagement, o=NetscapeRoot,
>>> authentication=********}
>>> 15:07:49.340 ldc=0 op=1 BindResponse {resultCode=0}
>>> {PasswordExpiredCtrl: isCritical=false msg=0} {PasswordExpiringCtrl:
>>> isCritical=false msg=0}
>>> Ldap Connection (null):389    ...
>>>
>>> and adm.conf has:
>>> ldapurl: ldap://rome.protect.nssl:389/o=NetscapeRoot
>>>
>>> On several following entries I saw:
>>> 15:49:04.089 ldc=0 op=2 SearchRequest {baseObject=cn=user,
>>> cn=DefaultObjectClassesContainer,ou=1.1, ou=admin, ou=Global
>>> Preferences, ou=protect.nssl, o=NetscapeRoot, scope=0,
>>> derefAliases=0,sizeLimit=1000, timeLimit=0, attrsOnly=false,
>>> filter=(|(objectclass=*)(objectclass=ldapsubentry)), attributes=null}