[Fedora-directory-users] Fedora IDM Console???

Singh Raina, Ajeet ajeet.singh.raina at logicacmg.com
Tue Feb 5 06:07:47 UTC 2008

Hi Guys,

I have Fedora DS running on RHEL 4.0 System. I want to install Fedora
IDM Console on Windows Xp. I have j2sdk-1_4_2_13-nb-5_0-win-ml package
installed on my Win Box.

The Environmental Variable include :

Variable Name  :  JAVA_HOME

Variable Value  :  C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin

System Variable

Variable Name  :  Path

Variable Value   :  C:\Program
Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%
\System32\Wbem;

Now whenever I click on installed Fedora DS Icon it says:

C:\Program Files\Fedora Identity Management Console>echo Off

The Java Runtime Environment is installed on this machine,but the
command java.exe is not in your PATH.You can either make sure java.exe
is in your path or edit this script to set JAVA to the full path of
java.exe

Press any key to continue

The batch file include :

echo off

rem BEGIN COPYRIGHT BLOCK

rem Copyright (C) 2005 Red Hat, Inc.

rem All rights reserved.

rem

rem This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or

rem modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public

rem License as published by the Free Software Foundation version

rem 2.1 of the License.

rem

rem This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,

rem but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of

rem MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU

rem Lesser General Public License for more details.

rem

rem You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public

rem License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software

rem Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA
02110-1301  USA

rem END COPYRIGHT BLOCK

rem set the JAVA to use here

rem set JAVA=C:\Program Files\Java\j2re1.4.2\bin

if not "%JAVA%foo"=="foo" goto launch

where java > nul 2>&1 || goto findjre

set JAVA=java

goto launch

:findjre

rem look for Java Runtime Environment in registry

reg QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Runtime Environment" > nul 2>&1
|| goto findjdk

rem can we grab the java location from the registry?

rem set JAVA=path\bin\java

rem apparently not, in a batch file

rem goto launch

echo The Java Runtime Environment is installed on this machine, but the

echo command java.exe is not in your PATH.  You can either make sure
java.exe

echo is in the PATH, or edit this script to set JAVA to the full path of

echo java.exe

pause

goto end

:findjdk

reg QUERY "HKLM\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Development Kit" > nul 2>&1 ||
goto nojava

rem can we grab the java location from the registry?

rem set JAVA=path\bin\java

rem goto launch

echo The Java Development Kit is installed on this machine, but the

echo command java.exe is not in your PATH.  You can either make sure
java.exe

echo is in the PATH, or edit this script to set JAVA to the full path of

echo java.exe

pause

goto end

:nojava

echo Java does not appear to be installed on this machine.  Please
download and install the Java Runtime Environment and make sure the
java.exe command is in the PATH of this command.

pause

goto end

:launch

set BASEPATH=.

set FIDMCONSOLEJARDIR=%BASEPATH%

set CONSOLEJARDIR=%BASEPATH%

set JSSDIR=%BASEPATH%

set LDAPJARDIR=%BASEPATH%

set PATH=%BASEPATH%;%PATH%

rem

rem Launch the Console

rem

echo on

"%JAVA%" "-Djava.library.path=%JSSDIR%" -cp
"%JSSDIR%/jss4.jar;%LDAPJARDIR%/ldapjdk.jar;%CONSOLEJARDIR%/idm-console-
base.jar;%CONSOLEJARDIR%/idm-console-mcc.jar;%CONSOLEJARDIR%/idm-console
-mcc_en.jar;%CONSOLEJARDIR%/idm-console-nmclf.jar;%CONSOLEJARDIR%/idm-co
nsole-nmclf_en.jar;%FIDMCONSOLEJARDIR%/fedora-idm-console_en.jar"
-Djava.util.prefs.systemRoot=%HOME%/.fedora-idm-console
-Djava.util.prefs.userRoot=%HOME%/.fedora-idm-console
com.netscape.management.client.console.Console %*

:end

Has anyone tried with this Before???