[Fedora-directory-users] Windows Management Console

Chris Brandt Chris.Brandt at ernex.com
Thu Feb 7 18:57:46 UTC 2008

Hi there, I'm having some issues with the Windows Console.

The console runs, connects to my server and I can do a simple search
returning results. So it basically works.

But there are some problems:

1.	Servers and Applications tab is always empty. Not sure if I'm
doing something wrong or just havn't done something. But the web based
console (Administration Express) does show my servers and groups. Do I
need to add a group to the java console?
2.	I get exceptions showing up in the java text console when I try
different operations in the graphical console window. For example I can
do a search and get results, but if I double click a name the cursor
changes to an hour glass and the following exception shows up in the
java console : Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0"
java.lang.NullPointerException and nothing happens in the graphical
console.

I am running JRE 1.6.0_03, I see that the website recommends 1.4.2. I'm
not a java guy, is it possible to easily do a side by side installation?
Or does any one know that JRE 1.6.0 works.

Any ideas on what I can do to get this thing working properly?

Thanks

Christopher Brandt

Systems Architect

Suite 225 - 4259 Canada Way

Burnaby, BC V5G 1H1

e. chris.brandt at ernex.com

p. 604.415.1554

c. 604.318-5724

f. 604.415.1591

A Division of Moneris Solutions Corporation