[Fedora-directory-users] Installing on Cent OS 5.1

Todd Nine todd.nine at onwebconsulting.com
Sat Feb 9 18:27:53 UTC 2008

Hi all,
  I'd like to install Fedora Directory server 1.1 on Cent OS 5.1  I'm in the
process of installing it now, and everything is going well.  However, I feel
a bit like Alice in Wonderland.  I basically want to replace Active
Directory functionality with Fedora Core.  I *think* I may need to install
and integrate Kerberos as well.  What I basically need is to allow users to
log in via SSH and PAM to Fedora Directory, as well as authenticate our
numerous webapps with the LDAP functionality.  Are there any good books or
tutorials available that I can read?  I've read the quick tutorials on the
website regarding integrating PAM, but I can't seem to get the user
information to work.  When a user logs in, their home directory is not
created, and their UID and GID aren't downloaded.  I'm a bit lost, so any
documentation that is at a higher level system architecture would be greatly
appreciated, I'm not sure I have all the components I need to build this .
I want to build a solid framework to allow us to easily administer users and
groups.

Thanks,
Todd