[Fedora-directory-users] Importing pre-encrypted passwords into FDS

Howard Wilkinson howard at cohtech.com
Mon Feb 11 08:34:47 UTC 2008

I am sure I have seen discussion of this problem on the mailing list but
cannot find it after some hours of exhaustive search.

I have a ldif dump of an OpenLDAP dit that I would like to import into
FDS. Everything works except the passwords. The password fields are
pre-encrypted as in

userPassword:: e2NyeXB0fSQxJDQ3MzI3NzgyJEY5RTQxMXJQQVdUV2Zhbnp6ZWZWcC4=

I think this is probably MD5 encoded! Not sure how I find out definitively.

I know I can import this into FDS but how do I tell FDS it is
pre-encrypted? And what are the encryption options?

Does anybody know if I am right about MD5?

Regards, Howard
--

Howard Wilkinson

Phone: