[Fedora-directory-users] Console issue

Richard Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Feb 12 01:35:46 UTC 2008

Anand Vaddarapu wrote:
> Hi Rich,
> I have installed centos 5.1 and FDS 1.1.
The local directory server information is stored under cn=config.  With
the mozldap ldapsearch command:
/usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -T -D "cn=directory manager" -w yourpassword
-s sub -b cn=config | grep youroldhostname

Use the -T option to disable LDIF line wrapping - otherwise you will
have to use sed/perl to re-fold the lines for grep to work.

Use a similar command to identify places under o=NetscapeRoot in your
configuration directory server:
/usr/lib/mozldap/ldapsearch -T -h configdshost -p configdsport -D
"cn=directory manager" -w yourpassword -s sub -b o=NetscapeRoot | grep
youroldhostname

You must identify the entry and the attribute.  Then, using ldapmodify:
dn: the dn of the entry
changetype: modify
replace: theattributename
theattributename: the new value with the new hostname

Edit /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/adm.conf - update your ldap server hostname
- you will then have to restart the admin server.