[Fedora-directory-users] DS Failed to start

Rich Megginson rmeggins at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 18:04:42 UTC 2008

kiran madala wrote:
> Hi,
> It all worked well. Thanks for the information. I configured DS server for SSL support and restarted it succesfully. Now got another issue.
>
> I changed the DS URL in adm.conf file from usual ldap to ldaps and port 636. now when i restart my admin server this is the error i get.
>
> /usr/sbin/start-ds-admin: line 66:  3158 Segmentation fault      $SELINUX_CMD $HTTPD $OMIT_DEFLATE -k start -f /etc/dirsrv/admin-serv/httpd.conf "$@"
>
> What could be the issue?

Any errors in /var/log/dirsrv/admin-serv/error?

You'll have to at least add the CA cert of the CA that issue the
directory server cert to the cert database of the admin server in
/etc/dirsrv/admin-serv - see
http://directory.fedoraproject.org/wiki/Howto:SSL#Import_the_CA_cert_into_the_Admin_Server
> Also I would like to know for windows sync is is enough to enable ssl for DS server or do i need to enable SSL on admin server as well?
DS server only.
> Can i connet to the SSL enabled DS with normal Admin server from remote console?

Yes, because the DS listens for both SSL and non-SSL connections by default.