[Fedora-directory-users] Setting up Multi-Master replication between 7.1 and 1.0.1-4

Ulf Weltman ulf.weltman at hp.com
Thu Jan 10 19:30:39 UTC 2008

The configuration the installer talks about storing when selecting a
configuration directory is for the Administration Server, not for the
local Directory Server configuration, so the suffix mapping can't have
ended up in the wrong instance, it's always local.

When you installed 7.1 it should have asked what suffix you want to use
as your default suffix.  Look again in your dse.ldif for the mapping
tree entry with "nsslapd-backend: userRoot", what is the cn of it?  If
you entered "dc=company,dc=com" at installation time, the cn of this
mapping tree node would match that.

Ulf